Call for Workshop Proposals
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and its possible resurgence in the Fall, we regret to inform you that after 45 years of continuing service, the Pennsylvania Coalition for Parent Involvement, Ltd. has decided to postpone its 46th annual Family Involvement Conference.
The conference has been postponed until October 10-13, 2021
Please check back often!
Family Involvement Conference
Best Western Premier the Central
Hotel and Conference Center
800 East Park Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17111
All sessions shall be one hour and 15 minutes in length. Meeting rooms will be arranged classroom style for approximately 40 people. All presenters must provide their own AV equipment including computer and projector.
Key Conference Information
- If selected, presenters must register for the conference and pay a $50.00 nonrefundable conference registration fee. This fee covers the conference materials, lunch the day of presentation and coffee breaks for single-day which is an $85.00 saving over the one-day registration fee. This application will act as the registration form.
- As a non-profit organization we are unable to provide presenters with an honorarium or to
reimburse program participants for expenses.
- Additional meals for each day can be purchased on the presenter's registration form. For further details, please refer to our website.
- The discount is limited to the presenter and one co-presenter.
- The deadline for workshop proposals is April 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
- Fields marked with an * are required.
- Workshop description should be limited to no more than 100 words.
- Proposals will be accepted based on high quality, research-based information appropriate to "Birth - College and Career" for life success including Student Support and Human Services. Information must be applicable to the diversity of parents, families and communities. We are seeking interactive workshops that address the academic success of students and may address the following: Advocacy, Parent/Family Leadership, Early Childhood, After-school and Out of School Time, Early Intervention for Special Needs, Family Literacy and English Language Learners, Community based resources.